This ANSI Standard is a Modified version of the IEC 60335-2-76 (2018) for security applications only.
There are non-technical changes for use in USA such as
- to add Imperial units (soft).
- to use American English such as “Utility powered” rather than “mains”.
- to use American English spelling.
- to reformat for clarity.
There are some technical changes based upon updated knowledge to:
- updated to use charge for short pulses instead of RMS current.
- remove obsoleted designs.remove references to animals
This standard incorporates the known bioelectrical science on the effects of pulse durations and charge for nerve and cardiac stimulation. This is then incorporated with the pulse rate to set upper and lower limits for aggregate currents among other critical factors.